read in: 11 min
Greetings and thank you for your interest in writing for Hurt2Healing Online Magazine. Below you will find the basic requirements for submission:
- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 250 and 900 words. Please stay under 900 words.
- Tone: All content submitted must possess the following characteristics: honest, inspiring, thought provoking, positive, innovative/creative, respectful and of general interest. Hurt2Healing Magazine does not condone racial slurs, misogynistic or sexually explicit writings. Such articles will NOT be published.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to Hurt2Healing Magazine and creative in expression.
- Bio and promotion: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences. Hurt2Healing Magazine is a great resource to promote your work, and some of our contributors have leveraged their posts into book deals and other awesome wellness-focused engagements and careers.
- Health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, please include a link to that source. If you’re claiming that a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. This way, readers can follow your line of thinking and investigate further if they want to know more.
- We love connecting with new contributors. While we cover an insane amount of ground, Hurt2Healing Magazine consists of just a few people. As such, sometimes we don’t have the opportunity to respond to all submissions. We can assure you, however, that we carefully read every single submission that we receive. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, we have passed.
- By submitting to Hurt2Healing Magazine you acknowledge and accept any form of editing that might occur on behalf of Hurt2Healing Magazine’s editorial team.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN SUBMISSIONS
- We love posts that help our readers grow and feel inspired. We feature exclusive interviews, videos, recipes, advice pieces, and personal essays about a major life transformations. Advice pieces typically provide tips to improve health, happiness, relationships, parenting, communication, beauty routines, and nutrition.
- Photos: All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 850 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall (bigger in either direction, or both, is fine). We love photos that are shot outdoors, in natural light, and ideally with as few distractions in the background as possible.
WHY WRITE FOR HURT2HEALING MAGAZINE?
Here are a few reasons why you should share your ideas at the world’s most popular online health and wellness destination.
- You’ll change lives. Our community of millions is passionate about wellness! They’re eager to learn how to live their healthiest lives, share tips with friends and clients, and discuss ideas here on the site. Writing for Hurt2Healing Magazine gives you a chance to be part of this discussion, and to shape the way spiritual, mental and physical health is perceived around the world.
- You’ll reach a global audience. Once your piece has been accepted for publication, we’ll do our part to make sure it reaches as many people as possible. In addition to posting your work on our home page, we share most posts on Facebook and Twitter. Published pieces will also live in our library of wellness content.
- You’ll achieve your professional dreams. Our writers have parlayed success here at Hurt2Healing Magazine into book deals, TV and speaking opportunities. They’ve also attracted more clients, booked coaching jobs, and grown their brands, simply by writing great posts that got people interested in what they had to say.
5 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE SUBMITTING TO HURT2HEALING
- Is my piece inspiring? Posts featured on Hurt2Healing Magazine are positive and informative. If your piece is pessimistic, or sarcastic, or not about transformation and healthy living, it’s probably not for us.
- Has this already been covered on H2H? We feature a wide range of topics in Hurt2Healing Magazine and we have a large library of great content. How can your piece add to what’s already there? Perhaps your submission can elaborate on one aspect that didn’t get a lot of attention!
- What’s a great title? Remember: A good title has the potential to grab the readers’ attention and make them want to read your piece.
- Is my first paragraph succinct? You only get one chance to make a first impression! Does your introductory sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader very clearly and succinctly what the article will be about?
- Am I offering actionable tips? Many readers come to Hurt2Healing Magazine to find solutions to spiritual, mental and physical health issues. A great piece will provide tips that they can implement easily.
Please use the below form to send us the following if you’re ready to submit: